Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Illegal Immigration

There are many political issues candidates have been arguing about lately during debates as election time comes closer and closer. The issue I believe to be the most important is immigration. Illegal immigration has become an increasing issue in the United States and needs to be stopped. While I don’t not stand with Donald Trump when he says that all illegal immigrants are rapists, drug dealers, and murders and that wall should be built sky high. But what I do stand with Trump on is that illegal immigration must be stopped and I also believe our border security must become increasingly stronger but no wall should be built. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. If people would like to immigrate to the United States, they need to follow the rules and immigrate legally.

One of the issues illegal immigrants bring to the U.S. is that one quarter of all inmates in California detention center make up of illegal immigrants, 40 percent in Arizona, 48 percent in New Mexico, and 75 percent of those on the most wanted criminals lists in Los Angles, Phoenix, and Albuquerque are illegal aliens. A scary fact is that the Department of Homeland Security says that it has lost a track of a MILLION people that have entered this country but appear never to have left.

My father and mother had sacrificed almost everything to come to the United States legally. As soon as they came to the United States they had to work from the bottom. My father had a full-time job while my mother made good grades trying to get a degree and also worked hard with a full-time job to put food on the table for my sister and I. To have people forcing their way into the United States is just an insult for the people that sacrificed everything to be here legally. I love my background and where I come from but forcing your way across the border is not the answer!


1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. The data you have in paragraph 2--was that from the Department of Homeland Security, too?
    I think America has a struggle here--many of the benefits we have with our lives come on the backs of illegal immigrants--often our food, our construction, and our restaurant experiences are in part due to the work of those undocumented. I think many would argue that they do "what it takes" to make their lives better, and those of their families. Not everyone has the financial access to education in their homeland to then come legally. And yet we still use them as workers.
    But I do understand your position--and I think there is data to suggest that the influx of immigrants from the south is slowing down significantly. What can be done now, thought, to stem the abuse of these workers by shady employers who break the law? Is integration possible? Could it be economically viable?
    These are all issues I hope the candidates address beyond those one-liners!

    ReplyDelete