Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Oh, the Places I Go



        Usually upon opening my laptop my go to websites are Blackboard, my email and Spotify.
As a college student I am constantly refreshing Blackboard for updates, links and reading quizzes. I find myself opening my email to receive schedule changes from my boss, nagging To-Do lists from my mom, and any information from the university I'm looking to transfer to come fall semester. That leaves us with Spotify, which is more for my sanity than my pleasure. I look to the music streaming website and app for Chance the Rapper songs when I want to get hype and Jazz playlists when I want to sleep. With genres ranging from  Gothic Country to Rap Caviar I find myself exploring and being surprisingly interested in songs and artists I probably never would have heard of otherwise. So whether I'm looking for tunes to focus while I study biology or rock out while I get ready for class, Spotify has got me covered. The steady streaming stream of music has become the soundtrack to my crazy demanding life of class/work/home duties.


(yikes not sure how to cite this gif, I found it on tumblr though. Thank you http://fromwiretopost.tumblr.com/) 

4 comments:

  1. I also check in with Blackboard multiple times a day, because I always worry I'll miss something vitally important or time-sensitive if I don't. If you like music websites and haven't tried these yet, I very, very highly recommend trying both 8tracks and Pandora! Pandora allows you to make a bunch of "radio stations" based on different artists and genres, in case you want to find more music similar to what you already like. It's very customizable! 8tracks allows people to make and share playlists based around emotions, situations, fandoms, genres - pretty much anything you can think of. It's particularly useful when I'm looking for music to study and/or write to. Both websites are completely free, and I've found a lot of new songs and musicians that I like because of them.

    Also, for citing gifs and other images, I found it works for me to write "via [Giphy/Tumblr/Etc.]," highlight it with the right mouse button, and then use the "LINK" feature to create a hyperlink leading to the exact place the gif came from. In this case, you could try and find the exact Tumblr post you got the gif from and include a link to that. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blackboard has become one of the top sites I find myself logged onto. It is always important to stay on top of assignments and to check your grades. What I do with my email is I check it three times a day. Once when I wake up, again around the middle of the day, and right before I go to sleep. It is an important habit to pick up on. You want to make sure you didn't miss any important news and/or changes from your Professors and the College. I feel as though music and studying go hand in hand. Chance the Rapper is personally one of my favorite artist! He has such a unique sound that is hard to resist. If you like Chance the Rapper I'm sure you would like Childish Gambino as well as my favorite rapper SuperDuperKyle. You should take a look into both of these artist, I think you will really appreciate their styles. You chose a unique gif to use at the end of your post, I really need to learn how to add gifs to these blog posts.

    -Giovanni Flores

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be called an "old" compared to the other posters on this blob, but can you define for me "Gothic country"? And that gif--it made me spit out my coffee on my montior, so my monitor thanks you, of course!
    This is a fun and engaging first post.

    ReplyDelete