Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What places do I like to visit on the web?


Hello, everyone!
When I first get up in the morning, I usually log onto my VCCS student account and check in with Blackboard, my student email, and the Student Information System to see if there is any new information I should be aware of. If I feel inclined, I generally like to work on school assignments early in the morning because it gets me into a productive state of mind for the day. While doing this, I like to listen to instrumental music on YouTube (an extended version of the Life Is Strange title theme is my particular favorite - you can find it here) because it helps me focus and ignore any distractions.

After a while, I like to take a break to browse through my personal email and my social media accounts – Facebook, Tumblr, and the like. Sometimes if I'm in the mood for a laugh, I'll return to YouTube and watch some Let's Play videos (I'm particularly fond of Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, and the Game Grumps). Of all the places I visit online, YouTube definitely takes up the most time, though Tumblr comes at a close second. I particularly like to find funny things on there to spam my mother's Facebook inbox with.



Generally, I'll repeat this process several times throughout the day, in between other responsibilities - check in with my VCCS Applications, do some work on assignments, take a peek at social media, and then watch a video or two. It might seem a bit boring to do the same thing again and again, day in and day out, but it makes me happy. And really, isn't that all that matters?

2 comments:

  1. Now this is a detail-filled post. What kind of information do you find on SIS? I'm totally with you--I do all my work in the morning, and I just cannot get motivated in the evenings. It's harder with a 5-year-old (who is complaining that I'm not playing with her), but we all just do our best, right?
    Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I mainly check in with the SIS to keep an eye on my financial aid status, and to see if there are any tasks or messages I need to see to, but I also find it really useful when planning what classes I'd like to take in upcoming semesters. Because of the information I was able to get from it (especially where it relates to class hours), I've pretty much decided that any classes I take over the summer semester are going to be entirely online. It's been very helpful so far!

    ReplyDelete