Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Where do I go on the Web?

Hello everyone! 
     
     There are many places to go on the web and to choose one where I often go to was quite difficult for me. One website that I usually go to on my phone and laptop is Reddit. Reddit is a very unique website because it combines entertainment, social networking, and a news forum page into one single website. Reddit is really famous for being a site where you can read about almost everything! That is also how the name of the website came about, “Reddit” being a play-on-words for “read it” or “I already read it”. This website is based on a system where users will post something relative to the topic of a forum, also known as a “subreddit”. There is an immense amount of subreddits ranging from various topics such as movies, world news, gifs, music, history, food, fitness, books, finance and sports, etc. Writing down more subreddits would be time-consuming because the list would go on and on.

     Something I like about Reddit is that this site is very community oriented. Many subreddits are being maintained and founded because there is always a community of users out there for it to exist. I personally would not consider myself to be a "Redditor" because I have never taken part in maintaining or posting something into a subreddit thread. I just use Reddit because there is always something on there for me to read, to learn something, or to have a laugh. So if you're interested in reading and learning something new, you should check out Reddit! 

2 comments:

  1. You're the first poster here to mention Reddit--what a great way to explain it. Which subreddits do you spend the majority of your time on? So you're more a lurker than a poster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reddit is an awesome site when it comes to finding something you like. During the NFL offseason I am constantly refreshing the NFL subreddit for news. I mainly just lurk and stay away from commenting. Although the site is pretty useful, there are some pretty weird people on there. My favorite subreddit would have to be Askreddit. Some of the stories and answers are interesting and wild. The site is also useful with providing breaking news before most social media outlets. Also, I’m sometimes exposed to opinions and viewpoints that I would’ve never taken into consideration before. I also wouldn’t call myself a redditor, I prefer just to read the posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete