Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Where Is the First Place I Go on the Web, and Why?

Hello, everyone!


          I don't know if this holds true for my peers, but, for me, I cannot give a straightforward answer to the question that has been posed. Where do I go when I open the gateway to this insane, infinite informational space that we call the web? Where, in fact, does my mind take me when I open my browser? I have never put any thought into this task, nor have ever had the need to ponder it; thank you millennial habits. It often depends on what I am seeking, I suppose. If I know that there is work to be done, I jump into the Google search bar and click my way to my destination. But more often than not, however, I am in no position that requires me to use the internet. Really, the only reason I have for using it is homework for my classes; which, statistically speaking, only takes up thirty percent of a typical seventeen hour day for me (that is about five hours on a good day for ye who are wondering).  The one bizarre thing about this, though I am not fully aware of why, is that even without the need to be on my computer I end up in the pits of click-bait forums, YouTube, Tumblr (for special occasions), "random fact" sites, and humorous photo sharing engines such as Giphy (the site that I retrieved that lovely waving bear from). It's quite strange that I had yet to think of why I end up where I do. In fact, after thinking about it, I usually end up starting somewhere on YouTube  ( in either the gaming section, a ChillStep playlist, or a random puppy video), then find my way to random articles with only a vague memory of what takes place in the in-between. Note: this takes up more time than homework. 

        I digress, though. I think putting too much thought into this a bit dispiriting, don't you? I'll just hop off this time sucking wormhole and...well...play on another time sucking wormhole.

Tschüß!

(Credit for the gifs goes to the respective owners on Giphy)




2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    First of all, I enjoyed your gifs! They really caught my attention. I also relate to the fact that this question was hard to give on straight answer. The web is infinite, like you said, and the options are limitless! This is a great blog post!

    Vianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your post! I am with you--I have habits, of course, but there is so much *potential* in all of our options. But aren't we generally creatures of habit? And what special occasions send you to Tumblr? That's intriguing!

    ReplyDelete